Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Lately, we have heard news about Prime Minister Mr. Naredra Modi launching health insurance scheme named– National Health Protection Scheme or Ayushman Bharat Yojana for the poor families. However, people refer this scheme as Modicare Scheme or Modi Rs.5 Lakh Health Insurance (Bima) Yojana.
Under Ayushman Bharat Yojana, there will be two schemes – Establishment of Health and Wellness Centers across the nation and Rs.5 Lakh Health Insurance Scheme.
According to the sources, the Rs.5 Lakh Health Insurance Scheme will start with immediate effect from April 2018. In this post, we will discuss about Ayushman Bharat Yojana including the registration process, age limit, eligibility criteria and other important factors.
Before we get started, let’s clear the air about what this scheme is actually called. This scheme has got diverse names and whenever you hear something like – Modicare Scheme, Modi Health Insurance Scheme, Modi Swasthya Bima Yojana and National Health Protection Scheme, they are all the same.
Note: – The above-mentioned schemes refer to the Health Insurance Scheme announced during Budget declaration and will provide a benefit of Rs.5 lakhs to the beneficiaries.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Eligibility Criteria
- To this point, the Indian Government has not declared the eligibility criteria details regarding this scheme. However, Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley did mention that the scheme is designed to help the poor families.
- Preferably, the economically weaker section of society including Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL) families will be included in this scheme.
It was confirmed by several news portals that Ayushman Bharat Yojana will come into existence from April 2018. The government will likely launch a dedicated website where the applicants (eligible) have to register with proper credentials in order to take benefits of the scheme. It is expected that the online registration process will make it easier for the applicants as well as the Government.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Registration Application Form
We will notify you as soon as the registration process starts. The registration process model is expected to look something like this –
- Official Portal/Website > the User will Register
- The concerned department will verify the User Details
- Once the verification is done, the application form will either be Rejected or Accepted.
- The Accepted list of applicants will be released which means that they are enrolled for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana: How to Apply?
- Go to the Official Portal/Website
- Click the ‘Online Registration’ link
- Fill in the form with correct details
- Thoroughly check the filled form and then click Submit
- After the submission, if the system generates any Reference or Application number, note it down.
Wait till the department releases a list of selected applicants. If your name is there, it means you are registered for Ayushman Bharat Yojana. You will essentially get an Insurance Card using which you can avail Rs. 5 lakhs benefit for treatment.
For latest news and details regarding Ayushman Bharat Yojana, keep checking our page.