The Union Ministry of Communication launched Deen Dayal SPARSH Scholarship Scheme
Manoj Sinha, Minister of Communication initiated Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana– a scholarship program to increase the reach of postal history and stamps amongst school children. The Union Ministry of Communication commenced the Deen Dayal SPARSH Scholarship Scheme in PAN India. The students must be from a recognized school across the nation and for competing in the scholarship program, the schools must possess a Philately Club and their students must be the member of that club.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Scholarship Scheme
SPARSH is Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude and Research in Stamps as Hobby. Deen Dayal SPARSH Scholarship Scheme is launched all across the nation with an objective to increase the Philately knowledge amongst the students. There will be a total of 920 scholarships and around 10 students each from class 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th standards will represent their schools in the scholarship program containing different postal circle with 40 scholarships.
Amount to be paid under the scholarship program
The Ministry of Communication announced an amount of Rs.6000/- to be paid yearly (Rs.500/- monthly) to the student under the SPARSH Scholarship Scheme 2018. The amount will be deposited in the Student’s Philately Deposit Account. Every participating school will be provided with a Philately mentor who will guide the students aka the aspiring Philatelists for considering Philately as a hobby.
The selection will be done based on the evaluation and analysis of the project commenced by the school on Philately. Moreover, Philately quizzes will be organized across all the postal circles.
Eligibility Criteria for applying for the scholarship program
- The students must be of a recognized educational institution across the nation
- The schools must possess a Philately club
- The participating students must be a member of such club
- The students are required to have a Philately Deposit Account
- The students must possess a good academic record
- The students of classes 6th to 9th can apply for the program
- Every student must possess more than 60% marks in their respective Philately club
Deen Dayal SPARSH Scholarship Scheme 2018- Apply Online
- Click the online application form link to get a regular notification about this program
- The Government of India will soon release an official brochure regarding the scholarship program which will be distributed in every school
- According to the required eligibility, the schools can enroll their names
- The candidates will be selected based on the performance and analysis of their Project work
- The Philately project topics will be announced by the government
For further notifications and information about Deen Dayal SPARSH Scholarship Scheme, keep visiting this page.