SBI General Insurance Company is a joint venture between State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG), one of the oldest Insurers in the world. With a multi-distribution model consisting of bancassurance, agency, broking & retail direct channels, SBI General Insurance currently covers close to 56 cities pan India and has a wider presence in other cities through satellite resources.
The SBI individual personal accident insurance policy will insure you against financial risks that may arise due to the permanent total disability or death of the policy holder in an accident. The policy strengthens your financial portfolio and helps secure the future of your dependent family members. This Policy is designed to cover Loss of Life, Disabilities, and Income due to an accident to you and your family. Accidental Death cover is a compulsory cover; Permanent Total Disablement, Permanent Partial Disablement and Temporary Total Disablement are Optional covers available to the proposer.
SBI General Insurance offers two types of personal accident insurance plans. One is the individual personal accident policy which covers individuals and the other is the group personal accident policy which covers a group of individuals. SBI accidental insurance plans cover accidental deaths and disablements.
1. This policy is suitable for salaried, self-employed as well as business class.
2. Hospital discount and ambulance charges are included as add-on benefits
3. This Policy is designed to cover Loss of Life, Disabilities, and Income due to an accident
4. Policyholders are allowed to permanent the policy at any time by giving a 15 day written notice
5. Cumulative Bonus available
6. Permanent Total Disability (PTD) benefit comes with add-ons like Education Benefit & Adaptation Allowance at no additional cost
7. Maximum Coverage is up to 15 lakh
8. The policy can be renewed for a lifetime.
Coverage under the SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance policy is allowed for the following contingencies i.e. :
1. Accidental death in which case 100% of the selected sum insured is paid
2. Accidental death and permanent total disability : 100% of the sum insured is paid in either case
3. Accidental death, permanent total disability and permanent partial disability : 100% of the sum insured is paid in case of accidental death and permanent total disability. In case of permanent partial disability, though, a part of the sum insured is paid depending on the severity of the disability suffered
4. Accidental death, permanent total disability, permanent partial disability and temporary total disability : 100% of the sum insured is paid in case of accidental death and permanent total disability.
5. In the case of partial disability, a percentage of the sum insured is paid.
6. In the case of temporary total disability, 1% of the sum insured is paid every week.
The following points are not covered for SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy i.e.:
1. Suicide & Self Inflicted Injury
2. HIV, AIDS
3. Persons enrolled in any branch of police, paramilitary, military & armed forces of any4 Country, whether in peace or war.
4. Accidents under influence of Alcohol, Drugs, or other Intoxicants
5. Participation in Riot, Felony, Crime or Civil Commotion
6. Learning or operating any Aircraft.
7. War, Civil War, Invasion, Insurrection, Revolution, Act of Foreign Enemy etc,
8. Nuclear Damage
9. Adventure & Dangerous sports
10. Child Birth & Pregnancy
11. Wilful Participation in Illegal act or any Violation or attempted violation of the Law or Resistance to arrest.
Before applying for an Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy from the SBI Bank, you should fulfil all basic eligibility criteria as prescribed by the bank. You will get your insurance very soon if you meet all the required eligibility criteria once the documentation is done.
Min Entry Age: 18 Years Max Entry Age: 65 Years
Min Entry Age: 3 Months Max Entry Age: 23 Years (Dependent children)
Life Long Renewal
Rs.5 Lacs to Rs.15 Lacs
Individual & Family - Self, Spouse, (Dependent Children, Dependent Parents and Dependent Parents-in-Law & Non-working Spouse - Limited to 20% of SI or Rs. 10 Lacs (whichever is less)
Any applicant who is applying for an Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy from the SBI Bank, you must have to submit the following documents. These documents are the requirements for the lenders who are providing you the accident plan.
1. Identity proof
2. Age proof
3. Address proof
4. Income proof
6. Aadhar Card
7. PAN Card
SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy File Claim
The following steps guide to file a claim for SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy i.e.:
1. Visit the official website of SBI
2. Click the ‘CLAIM’ tab available on the webpage
3. Enter the details and click ‘Submit’
4. You will be required to submit all the relevant documents
5. After successful verification, you will receive the claim amount by the insurer
The following steps to renew your SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy i.e.:
1. Visit the official website of SBI and click ‘Renew’
2. Enter your policy number/ mobile number/ Email-id and click ‘Renew Now’
3. Check all the policy details
4. Make payment and save the receipt after you get payment confirmation on your registered email id and mobile number
SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy Customer Care
Contact Number = 18001021111 / 18002221111
Email-Id = [email protected]
SBI Individual personal accidental insurance plans are available on the offline mode. You can buy the policy offline through any of the following ways –
1. By visiting the branch of the company
You can visit the branch of the company which is nearest to your home or your office and apply for an SBI individual accidental insurance policy from the company.
2. Through the agent of SBI
SBI Insurance Company has numerous agents tied-up with it who sell SBI insurance plans. You can, therefore, find and get in touch with any agent of the company.
3. Through the website of the company
Though SBI individual accidental insurance policy cannot be bought online, you can request for the company’s assistance online to buy the plan offline.
There are three modes of SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy for the payment of premium i.e. :
1. By cash or cheque collection
2. By direct online payment
3. You can sign a debit mandate at time of signing the policy, thus your premium will be deducted automatically from the bank account
Bank offered financial products
The minimum age required of the applicant is 18 years to get a SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy..
By cash or cheque collection
By direct online payment
You can sign a debit mandate at time of signing the policy, thus your premium will be deducted automatically from the bank account
The minimum sum assured of SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy is Rs.5 lakh.
Accident means any sudden or unexpected event, which leads to a permanent physical disability or accidental death.
The will be commenced within 15 days from the date of receipt of form & premium payment
The maximum age required of the applicant is 65 years to get a SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
Yes, the complaint number is 18001021111 and the email id is [email protected] of SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
The maximum sum assured of SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy is Rs.15 lakh.
The entry age is required in SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy for dependent children is 3 months to 23 years.
Know More About
You're eligible for a Sbi Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy if you:
Are legally adult enough to handle it
Have still got it
Get a regular pay check
Make more than a basic buck
Your eligibility depends on:
Earn more than minimum income required
Maximum allowed Accident Insurance is Rs. 10K to Rs. 45 lakhs
EMIs of other loans loweryour eligibility
Boost your eligibility by:
Pay off your credit card bills
Choose longer tenure loan up to 5 years
Nothing gets done without that paperwork (which we'll happily carry over to the bank for you, no sweat). Here's what you'll need:
- 1. Photo ID and age proof
- 2. Signed application form with photograph
- 3. Residence proof
- 4. Last 6 months bank statement
- 5. Documentation for salaried applicants:
- Last 3 months salary - slips
- Form 16 or Income Tax Returns
- 6. Documentation for self-employed applicants:
- Last 3 years Income Tax Returns with computation of Income
- Last 3 years CA Certified / Audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account