HDFC ERGO Car insurance policy is a type of insurance policy required to provide protection to your vehicle against any damage which might result in a financial loss. In order to secure your car against uncertain events like an accident, you must get it covered under car insurance, you can buy car insurance online and save on time and unnecessary hassles of paperwork required. Car insurance is a type of insurance policy required to provide protection to your vehicle against any damage which might result in a financial loss. In addition to it, any third party liability which has arisen due to use of your vehicle is covered under car insurance. As per the Motor Vehicle Act, it is mandatory to buy a liability only policy without which one cannot use the vehicle on road.
1. Overnight repair services
2. Settlement for minor damages
3. Zero documentation & instant policy in 3 min
4. Additional Discount if the policyholder is above age 35
5. Cashless Garage Network – 6800+ Cashless garage across India
6. Zero Depreciation, No Claim Bonus Protection
7. Quick claim settlement
Any applicant who is applying for a HDFC ERGO Car Insurance, you must have to submit the following documents. These documents are the requirements for the lenders who are providing you the car insurance.
1. Duly signed claim from
2. RC of the vehicle with original keys
3. Copy of driving license
4. Policy documents (original)
5. FIR (in case of theft)
6. PAN card, driving license and registration certificates.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance policy is available in three types :
1. Third Party Liability ‘
2. Standalone Car Insurance Plan
3. Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan
1. Comprehensive plan: Comprehensive car insurance is a type of car insurance policy that protects your vehicle from all the unforeseen losses such as amid an accident, fire, theft or natural calamity.
2. Standalone own damage: When on road your car is highly probable to get damaged due to accidents, calamities, fire or loss due to theft. To ensure under such circumstances your finances remain unaffected it's important to buy a standalone own damage car insurance plan.
3. Long term comprehensive : long term car insurance to protect your car from unforeseen hazards like accidental damage, natural calamities and theft. Buying a car insurance plan for a long term will keep renewal hassles at bay and let you drive without any worries.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Add-On-Covers
1. Key replacement cover - Did your keys get stolen or lost? This add-on will help you get the replacement keys as soon as possible.
2. Emergency assistance cover - The emergency assistance cover in a car insurance policy includes minor repairs on site, lost key assistance, duplicate key issue, tyre changes, battery jump starts, fuel tank emptying and towing charges.
3. Cost of consumable items - Here is a consumable items coverage that covers all the consumables used in your car! Yes! You need this right now! It pays for all the non reusable consumables.
4. Engine & gearbox protector - It the downpour of rains or the rushing flood waves, your cars gearbox and the engine remains wrapped in the protective coverage of engine and gearbox protection cover.
5. Zero depreciation cover - Your car insurance policy will only pay you the claim amount after deducting the depreciation amount. Your car insurance policy wordings will contain the details of depreciation.
6. No claim bonus protection - In case of claim for damage caused due to external impact, flood, fire etc to a parked vehicle or damage to windshield glass, this add on cover not only protects your No Claim Bonus earned so far, but also takes it to the next NCB slab .
7. Return to invoice - The IDV is equal to the current market price of the vehicle. But, with a return to invoice add-on, you get the difference between invoice value.
8. Loss of use-downtime protection - Downtime Protection Is Here! Provides a cash allowance benefit incurred by the customer for use of other means of transport for daily conveyance.
Now, renew your existing HDFC ERGO Car Insurance policy online and make quick payment through your Debit or Credit Card, or via Internet Banking as the payment mode.
1. Simply, log into HDFC ERGO Car Insurance website and choose the Car option to begin.
2. Provide the registration number of your car along with your personal details marked as mandatory, and proceed to the payment.
3. Once the payment is done successfully, you will get the e-copy of your policy document delivered into your inbox via an email.
Inclusions mean the coverage offered by an insurance provider. The inclusions of HDFC Ergo car insurance are mentioned below.
Fire & explosion
Third party liability
Exclusions mean the exceptions where insurance coverage isn’t provided by an insurance provider. The exclusions of HDFC Ergo car insurance are mentioned below.
Damage by a person without a driving license.
Damage by a person under the influence of Alcohol or drugs.
Loss/damage outside India.
Damage to tubes and tyres unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time in which case the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement.
If you’re interested in applying for HDFC ERGO car insurance, you may:
1. Directly contact the company's sales helpline representatives, discuss your options and purchase a policy directly.
2. Fill in the sales form, providing name, call-back number and email id, on the company's official website.
3. Visit the company's official website and buy a policy directly from the website.
4. Visit a nearby HDFC Ergo car insurance branch.
5. Compare different insurance quotes from HDFC ERGO Car Insurance and purchase a policy directly.
HDFC ERGO Car insurance How do I claim
Sources for Intimation of Claim:
1. Online registration of Claim : https://www.hdfcergo.com/customer-care/claim-intimation.html.
2. Call the Toll free : 24x7 customer helpline number 1800 2700 700 (Accessible from India only) and get your claim number.
3. IPO Insurance Portfolio Organiser : HDFC ERGO Mobile App.
HDFC ERGO Other Products
Contact number: 1800 2666 400
Email id: [email protected]
Bank offered Financial Product
Car insurance is a type of insurance policy required to provide protection to your vehicle against any damage which might result in a financial loss. In addition to it, any third party liability which has arisen due to use of your vehicle is covered under car insurance.
HDFC ERGO is backed with more than 6800+ garage networks and quality service with quick solutions. With useful add-ons on offers, the car insurance plan provides comprehensive coverage to protect your vehicle in case of any accident.
You can easily renew your expired policy online. You need to download the Self Inspection application and upload the documents, once the documents are approved by HDFC ERGO, a payment link would be sent and you may make the payment to renew the policy.
No paperwork and physical documentation are required and you will get your policy instantly.
You may register a claim either on HDFC ERGO website or through its call centre or HDFC ERGO mobile app
The following documents required for HDFC ERGO Car Insurance :
Duly signed claim from
RC of the vehicle with original keys
Copy of driving license
Policy documents (original)
FIR (in case of theft)
PAN card, driving license and registration certificates.
You contact to customer care of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance by two ways that is
Contact number: 1800 2666 400
Email id: [email protected]
You can easily renew your expired policy online. You need to download the HDFC ERGO Self Inspection application and upload the documents, once the documents are approved by HDFC ERGO, a payment link would be sent and you may make the payment to renew the policy. Once the payment is made, you will receive the policy copy.
Not every little damage repaired is borne by the company. Things like electrical breakdown, depreciation of parts, general wear and tear, damage caused due to collisions under the influence of alcohol or inflicted man-made calamities are not covered by HDFC ERGO.
Know More About
You're eligible for a Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance if you:
Are legally adult enough to handle it
Have still got it
Get a regular pay check
Make more than a basic buck
Your eligibility depends on:
Earn more than minimum income required
Maximum allowed Car Insurance is Rs. 10K to Rs. 45 lakhs
EMIs of other loans loweryour eligibility
Boost your eligibility by:
Pay off your credit card bills
Choose longer tenure loan up to 5 years
Nothing gets done without that paperwork (which we'll happily carry over to the bank for you, no sweat). Here's what you'll need:
- 1. Photo ID and age proof
- 2. Signed application form with photograph
- 3. Residence proof
- 4. Last 6 months bank statement
- 5. Documentation for salaried applicants:
- Last 3 months salary - slips
- Form 16 or Income Tax Returns
- 6. Documentation for self-employed applicants:
- Last 3 years Income Tax Returns with computation of Income
- Last 3 years CA Certified / Audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account