National car insurance is one of the best motor insurance policies available in the market right now. It is offered by National Insurance Company Limited, India’s oldest general insurance company. The insurer has a wide range of general insurance solutions with around 300 products across personal, life, motor, rural, livestock, agricultural, industrial and commercial lines of business. The two types of motor (four-wheeler) insurance plans offered by National Insurance are commercial vehicle and private car. The company offers a variety of general insurance policies and car insurance is one of them. It offers two types of car insurance policies namely third-party car insurance policies and comprehensive car insurance policies both of which come at affordable premiums. Apart from car insurance, the insurer offers industrial insurance policies, personal insurance policies, and rural insurance policies.
National Insurance Company has been using it to highlight its long history in the general insurance industry. The company’s portfolio consists of a spectrum of insurance policies that caters the need of a wide range of customers across the country.
1. Cashless Garage Network - Cashless garage across India
2. Special Add-on covers - Zero Depreciation, Return to Invoice, NCB Protection, etc.
3. Policies- Offers third-party and comprehensive type of policies.
1. Under National car insurance policy, you can get third party liability cover up to maximum of 7.5 lakhs.
2. National car insurance policy covers vehicles used for social, domestic and professional purposes.
3. National car insurance offers direct cashless claim settlement over 3200+ network garages across India.
4. Policyholders of the company can avail discounts on premium in addition to no Claim Bonus.
5. National motor insurance offers discounts for approved anti-theft devices installed in the vehicle.
6. Concession for specially designed or modified vehicles for blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons is included in National Car Insurance.
Any applicant who is applying for a National Car Insurance, you must have to submit the following documents. These documents are the requirements for the lenders who are providing you the car insurance.
1. Duly signed claim form
2. RC of the vehicle with original keys
3. Copy of driving license
4. Policy documents (original)
5. FIR (in case of theft)
6. PAN card, driving license and registration certificates.
National Insurance offers two main types of car insurance policies. These are as follows –
1.Third-party liability plans
These plans are mandatorily required on all cars as per the directives of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. A third-party liability policy covers third-party liability which incurs when you physically hurt an individual or damage someone else’s property. Third-party plans might also have a personal accident cover which covers the owner/driver of the car against accidental deaths and disablements.
2. Comprehensive plans
Comprehensive plans are called package car insurance policies. Under these policies, coverage is allowed for third party liability as well as the damages suffered by the car. If the car is damaged and needs repairs or if it is stolen, the comprehensive policy would cover the damages and pay a claim. Personal accident cover is also available under comprehensive policies.
It is important to renew your existing car insurance policy before it gets expired. In fact, renewing your National car insurance online is a quick and easy process. If you want to renew your national car insurance online, follow the steps given below:
1. Go to the renewal section of the page
2. Enter the details of your existing national car insurance online, such as policy number, etc.
3. You may be required to enter your personal details like contact number
4. Add or remove any add-on cover from your policy if you want
5. The premium amount to be paid will be displayed
6. Pay the premium for National car insurance online through internet banking or debit/ credit cards
7. Your car insurance policy will be renewed
National Car Insurance Reasons for Choosing
There are the following reasons for choosing the National car insurance that is :
Instant renewal – Hassle-free instant paperless renewal
Claim settlement - Quick and hassle free claim settlement
Claim Assistance Service - 24x7 claim assistance
Oldest General Insurance Company - Founded before Independence
National Private Car Insurance Policy can be tailor-made to insure any private vehicle. National Motor Insurance policy covers Own Damage car insurance and also, Third-party liability insurance, which helps car owners at the time when needed – in case of any accident or mishaps.
Liability Only Cover
Package or Comprehensive Cover
Own Damage cover
Personal Accident Cover
Although National motor insurance policies provide a wide range of coverage to meet your requirements during any emergency, there are some exclusions.
Depreciation and normal wear and tear of the car
Consequential losses are not covered
The loss suffered due to war or war-like situations
Claims because of contractual liability
If the car is used in violation of its limitations of use, the subsequent losses would not be covered
It is possible to buy a National Insurance car insurance policy from the insurer’s website.
1. State of registration of the vehicle
2. Vehicle class, type, body type, variant, and model
3. Name of the manufacturer and year of manufacture of the vehicle
4. The engine capacity of the car and its registered carrying capacity
5. The location of registration of the car and the date of registration
6. Nominee details, such as name, age, and relationship to the policyholder
7. The valuation basis and the IDV of the vehicle
8. Limit for third-party property damage
9. Whether you are buying a new policy or renewing an existing one.
In case you are unable to access the insurance company’s website to buy car insurance, you can approach the nearest office of the insurer either directly or through an authorised agent.
1. Here, you should get the pre-printed insurance proposal form and fill it accurately.
2. Then submit the form to the office. You can do this directly or through an authorised agent of the insurer.
3. If the insurer deems it necessary to conduct a survey, a surveyor will be appointed by the office for the same.
4. The premium estimates will then be provided to the proposer.
5. You should note that you can get in touch with an authorised agent by contacting the insurer’s office through telephone or via email.
National Car Insurance Discounts offered
National Car Insurance offers many attractive discounts that the policyholder can avail.
No-Claim Bonus :The no-claim bonus is a discount offered on the next year’s premium. If you make no claims throughout the year, you are benefited with the huge discount on the next year’s premium.
Voluntary discounts : This discount is offered if you decide to pay the minimum amount of money at the time of claim.
National Insurance offers other discounts if you are a member of any recognized automobile association and you install an anti-theft device in your car
In order to raise a claim with National Insurance, you can follow these steps:
1. National Insurance may employ a surveyor to assess the damages incurred
2. The claim settlement is done by the policy issuing office.
3. Doctors’ prescriptions
4. Police reports
5. Pathological test reports
6. Medical shop bills
7. Admission and discharge certificates
8. Receipts from doctors, surgeons, etc.
9. Any other document requested by the insurer
10. You should also intimate the insurance company of the loss immediately.
11. Collect the claim form from the insurer and fill it up accurately.
Contact number: 1800 200 7710
Email id: email@example.com
Bank offered Financial Product
National car insurance is one of the best motor insurance policies available in the market right now. It is offered by National Insurance Company Limited, India’s oldest general insurance company.
Yes. You can renew your national car insurance online by going to the renewal section and entering the required details. Once you pay the premium amount quoted, your car insurance policy will be renewed.
Yes. National car insurance will provide no claim discount on renewal for every claim-free year. The discount can be accumulated to a maximum of 50% if no claims are made for consecutive years.
The following documents are required to get a National Car Insurance that is :
Duly signed claim from
RC of the vehicle with original keys
Copy of driving license
Policy documents (original)
FIR (in case of theft)
PAN card, driving license and registration certificates.
You contact to customer care of National Car Insurance by two ways that is
Contact number: 1800 200 7710
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
The different types of National Car Insurance are as follow;
Liability only covers for death and injury of the third party including cover for property loss.
Comprehensive cover offers own damage cover for damage due to natural & man-made disasters with personal accident cover.
No, National Car Insurance will not provide any coverage for electrical and mechanical breakdown of my car due to any reason.
Yes, discount will be offered by National Car Insurance on opting for higher voluntary excess that depends on the damage caused and the minimum amount chosen to pay during the claim procedure.
Know More About
You're eligible for a National Car Insurance if you:
Are legally adult enough to handle it
Have still got it
Get a regular pay check
Make more than a basic buck
Your eligibility depends on:
Earn more than minimum income required
Maximum allowed Car Insurance is Rs. 10K to Rs. 45 lakhs
EMIs of other loans loweryour eligibility
Boost your eligibility by:
Pay off your credit card bills
Choose longer tenure loan up to 5 years
Nothing gets done without that paperwork (which we'll happily carry over to the bank for you, no sweat). Here's what you'll need:
- 1. Photo ID and age proof
- 2. Signed application form with photograph
- 3. Residence proof
- 4. Last 6 months bank statement
- 5. Documentation for salaried applicants:
- Last 3 months salary - slips
- Form 16 or Income Tax Returns
- 6. Documentation for self-employed applicants:
- Last 3 years Income Tax Returns with computation of Income
- Last 3 years CA Certified / Audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account