SBI is one of the most trusted banks for personal facilities. It is an Indian multinational public sector banking and financial services. SBI established on 1 July 1995 and their headquarters in Mumbai.
The education loans offered by State Bank of India cater to the needs of every deserving individual. If you want to pursue your studies in India, you can avail up to the maximum loan amount of Rs.10 lakhs whereas, if you want to go abroad for higher studies, you can avail up to the maximum of Rs.30 lakhs as the loan amount from SBI. The loans offered by SBI sports customer-friendly features and benefits. The interest rate of SBI Student Loan Scheme varies from 9.30% per annum. The processing fee charges nil if loan amount up to Rs.20 lakh and the processing charge is Rs.10000 plus tax if loan amount is above Rs.20 lakh.
1. 0.50% concession in interest for girl students.
2. The repayment tenure is 15 years after course period + 12 month of repayment holiday
3. Repayment will commence one year after completion of course
4. The loan amount is Upto Rs.30 lakh
1. Letter of admission
2. Filled in Loan Application Form
3. 2 passport size photographs
4. Statement of cost of study
5. PAN Card of the student and the parent/guardian
6. Aadhaar Card of the student and the parent/guardian
7. Id proof : Driving license, passport, aadhaar card, ant photo identity
8. Address proof : Driving license, passport, electricity bill, telephone bill
9. Student/co-borrower/guarantor’s bank account statement for last 6 months.
10. IT Return/ IT assessment order, of previous 2 years of parent/ guardian/ other co-borrower(If IT payee)
11. Brief statement of assets & liabilities of parent/ guardian/ other co-borrower
12. Income proof : Salary slip, form 16 of parent/ guardian/ other co-borrower
1. A term loan granted to Indian Nationals for pursuing higher education in India or abroad where admission has been secured.
13.70% to 15.20%
9.55% to 13.50%
9% to 14%
11.5% to 24%
8.30% to 10.41%
Starts from 8.50%
14.15% to 16.15%
7.50% to 9.75%
7.25% to 9.75%
8.30% to 9.95%
Expenses covered under SBI Student Loan Scheme :
1. Tuition fees
2. Cost of books, uniforms and stationeries
3. Cost of laptop or computer ( If required)
4. Examination Form
5. Library/ Laboratory fees
6. Hostel fee
7. Travel expenses ( for Abroad)
8. Miscellaneous Expenses
1. Offline Method : By visiting the nearest bank branch.
2. Online Method :
Visit the official website of loan.
Click on apply now
Fill out the form with essential details.
Upload the mandatory documents required
Submit the form and take out a print out of the applications
Visit the bank branch for further formalities.
How to contact with SBI Education Loan
By customer care contact number : 1800112211 / 18004253800
By customer care email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Financials products offered by Bank :
The maximum loan amount is provided by SBI Student Loan Scheme is Rs.30 lakh for studies in India.
The repayment tenure is 15 years after the course period plus 12 months of repayment holiday.
Yes, the processing fee is nil if loan amount is up to Rs.20 lakh and above Rs.20 lakh the processing fee charged Rs.10000 plus tax.
The Interest rate provided by SBI Student Loan Scheme is 9.30% per annum.Last Updated on : 10/Aug/2020
Know More About
You're eligible for a Sbi Student Loan Scheme if you:
Are legally adult enough to handle it
Have still got it
Get a regular pay check
Make more than a basic buck
Your eligibility depends on:
Earn more than minimum income required
Maximum allowed Education Loans is Rs. 10K to Rs. 45 lakhs
EMIs of other loans loweryour eligibility
Boost your eligibility by:
Pay off your credit card bills
Choose longer tenure loan up to 5 years
Nothing gets done without that paperwork (which we'll happily carry over to the bank for you, no sweat). Here's what you'll need:
- 1. Photo ID and age proof
- 2. Signed application form with photograph
- 3. Residence proof
- 4. Last 6 months bank statement
- 5. Documentation for salaried applicants:
- Last 3 months salary - slips
- Form 16 or Income Tax Returns
- 6. Documentation for self-employed applicants:
- Last 3 years Income Tax Returns with computation of Income
- Last 3 years CA Certified / Audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account
Updated on 25 Nov 2017
|Sbi Student Loan Scheme Details|
|Interest Rate (Monthly reducing balance)||9.3% - 0%|
|Processing Fees||Loan amount upto Rs.20 lakh = Nil and loan amount above Rs.20 lakh = Rs.10000 plus tax|
|Loan Tenure||1 year to 15 years|
|Pre-closure Charges||Varies with bank|
|Guarantor Requirement||Varies with bank|
Education Loans EMI Calculator