Standard Chartered Bank is a British multinational banking and financial services. It was established in 1969 and headquarters in London, England. It operates a network of more than 1200 branches and outlets across more than 70 countries and employees around 87000 people.
The education loan doesn’t only covers the tuition fee and the examination charges but also covers the allied expenses including the books, uniforms, traveling, tools, and equipment like laptops and tablets, and any other entity required for attaining a proper education. The education loans offered by Standard Chartered Bank can be availed by the admirable students who have the capability to do something big with their knowledge and education. One can apply for an education loan for pursuing any degree or courses like post-graduation, graduation and more.To overcome this issue Standard Chartered Bank came with an exciting opportunity i.e. Standard Chartered Bank Education Loan.
1. Attractive and competitive rate of interest
2. Moratorium period upto maximum of 3 years or courses duration whichever is earlier
3. Flexible repayment tenure from 1 year to 10 years
4. Repayable of EMI basis after moratorium period
5. The minimum loan amount is 1 lakh and maximum loan amount upto 10 lakh
1. Letter of admission
2. Filled in Loan Application Form
3. 2 passport size photographs
4. Statement of cost of study
5. PAN Card of the student and the parent/guardian
6. Aadhaar Card of the student and the parent/guardian
7. Id proof : Driving license, passport, aadhaar card, ant photo identity
8. Address proof : Driving license, passport, electricity bill, telephone bill
9. Student/co-borrower/guarantor’s bank account statement for last 6 months.
10. IT Return/ IT assessment order, of previous 2 years of parent/ guardian/ other co-borrower(If IT payee)
11. Brief statement of assets & liabilities of parent/ guardian/ other co-borrower
12. Income proof : Salary slip, form 16 of parent/ guardian/ other co-borrower
1. Must be an Indian resident
2. Applicants should be secured admission with the education institutions.
3. Maximum age 62 years at the time of loan maturity.
4. Eligible courses are : Undergraduate / Bachelors, graduate/ Masters and above / professional courses
13.70% to 15.20%
9.55% to 13.50%
9% to 14%
11.5% to 24%
8.30% to 10.41%
Starts from 8.50%
14.15% to 16.15%
7.50% to 9.75%
7.25% to 9.75%
8.30% to 9.95%
Expenses covered under Standard Chartered Bank Education Loan :
1. Tuition fees
2. Cost of books, uniforms and stationeries
3. Cost of laptop or computer ( If required)
4. Examination Form
5. Library/ Laboratory fees
6. Hostel fee
7. Travel expenses ( for Abroad)
8. Miscellaneous Expenses
1.Offline Method : By visiting the nearest bank branch.
2. Online Method :
Visit the official website of loan.
Click on apply now
Fill out the form with essential details.
Upload the mandatory documents required
Submit the form and take out a print out of the applications
Visit the bank branch for further formalities.
How to contact with Standard Chartered Bank :
By customer care contact number : 18003451000
By customer care email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Financials products offered by Bank :
Interest rates for Standard Chartered bank education loan starts from 10.99% p.a.
The tenure period of Standard Chartered Bank education loan is 1 to 10 years.
You can apply online and online both for Standard Chartered Bank Education Loan.Last Updated on : 08/Sep/2020
Know More About
You're eligible for a Standard Chartered Bank Education Loan if you:
Are legally adult enough to handle it
Have still got it
Get a regular pay check
Make more than a basic buck
Your eligibility depends on:
Earn more than minimum income required
Maximum allowed Education Loans is Rs. 10K to Rs. 45 lakhs
EMIs of other loans loweryour eligibility
Boost your eligibility by:
Pay off your credit card bills
Choose longer tenure loan up to 5 years
Nothing gets done without that paperwork (which we'll happily carry over to the bank for you, no sweat). Here's what you'll need:
- 1. Photo ID and age proof
- 2. Signed application form with photograph
- 3. Residence proof
- 4. Last 6 months bank statement
- 5. Documentation for salaried applicants:
- Last 3 months salary - slips
- Form 16 or Income Tax Returns
- 6. Documentation for self-employed applicants:
- Last 3 years Income Tax Returns with computation of Income
- Last 3 years CA Certified / Audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account
Updated on 25 Nov 2017
|Standard Chartered Bank Education Loan Details|
|Interest Rate (Monthly reducing balance)||10.99% - 0%|
|Loan Tenure||1 year to 10 years|
|Pre-closure Charges||Varies with bank|
|Guarantor Requirement||Varies with bank|
Education Loans EMI Calculator