Citibank brings its customers the financial help with personal loans. The Citibank personal loans are provided with the interest charges starting at as low as 10.99% at the ease of repayment period that goes up to 60 months. Personal loan is a type of loan by Citibank that you can apply for taking care of different purposes. These purposes include several expenses such as education, medical, wedding, travel etc. Apart from that, if there are debts burdening your shoulders and you don’t find a way out, you can use the Citibank personal loan at an affordable rate and help yourself.
|Loan Amount||Ranges from Rs 25,000 to Rs 30 lakh|
|Interest Charges||Starts at 10.99% per annum|
|Processing Fees||Up to 3% of loan amount + applicable taxes|
|Tenure||Up to 12-60 months|
|Prepayment Charges||Up to 4% of the principal loan amount|
Why Citibank personal loan? We have listed below the features and benefits of Citibank personal loan as reasons why you can go for it.
1. Multipurpose Loan : When the urgent financial requirements start troubling you, the Citibank personal loan is something you can consider taking help from. The bank gives the customers the relief of meeting different personal needs and wants financially. Whether it is a big fat debt you want to consolidate or a vacation you are craving since ages, Citibank personal loan can be your gateway to solutions.
Here are some of the types of financial requirements for which you can apply for personal loan:
2. Loan Amount : The amount you can avail as personal loan is determined by various factors such as your purpose, income, credit worthiness etc. Citibank personal loan allows you to apply for the loan amount ranging from Rs 25,000 to Rs 30 lakh.
3. Interest Charges : Citi personal loan is offered at affordable rates of interest. The interest charges that apply on this loan are affected by the tenure, your credit history and of course, the bank's discretion. However, the interest rate on Citibank personal loans starts at 10.99%.
4. Loan Tenure : You get a comfortable period to repay your Citibank personal loan. The bank gives you the coolheaded repayment tenure ranging from 12 months to 60 months. If you opt for a smaller tenure then you will have to pay larger installments and it goes vice versa. You can choose the tenure that suits your budget the best.
5. Prepayment : The bank comes with an option to prepay the loan amount. You can pay the Citibank personal lam amount way before the tenure ends, provided that you have sufficient funds and save up on interest charges. The bank charges up to 4% of the outstanding principal amount as pre-closure.
6. Disbursement : You can apply for Citibank personal loan online or offline and in no time, get started with the loan procedure. You can get the loan credited to your account within 48 hours by the bank. Besides, there is minimal documentation.
Here is the eligibility criteria for Citibank personal loan:
Mentioned below are the documents that are required for Citi personal loan. Whether you are a salaried individual or a self employed person, you can check this table and make sure you have all the required documents for Citi personal loan application:
|Documents||Salaried Individuals||Self Employed Individuals|
|Identity Proof||Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving Licence, Voter ID Card||Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving Licence, Voter ID Card|
|Address Proof||Passport, Voter ID Card, Recent Utility Bill such as Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill||Passport, Voter ID Card, Recent Utility Bill such as Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill|
|Income Proof||Salary Slips, Bank Statement, Form 16, Salary Certificate||IT returns, Bank Statements, Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account, Challans Showing Payment of Advance Income Tax|
|Other Documents||Passport-size Photographs, Application Form||Passport-size Photographs, Application Form|
COMPARE OTHER BANK PERSONAL LOAN INTEREST RATE
|AXIS Bank Personal Loan||12% to 24%|
|SBI Personal Loan||11.30% to 16.40%|
|SBI Xpress Bandhan||12.15% to 15.15%|
|SBI Xpress Credit Personal Loan||11.50% to 12%|
|HDFC Bank Personal loan||10.75% to 21.50%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank Personal Loan||10.50% to 16.99%|
|Yes Bank Personal Loan||20.00% to 22.00%|
|ICICI Bank Personal Loan||10.99% to 16.25%|
|Standard Chartered Bank Personal Loan||11.00% to 19.20%|
|IDBI Bank Personal Loan||12.00% to 14.00%|
|RBL Bank Personal Loan||14.00% to 23.00%|
|HSBC Bank Personal Loan||10.75% to 17.84%|
|IndusInd Bank Personal Loan||11.00% to 16.75%|
|Bank of Baroda Personal Loan||7.65% to 12.65%|
|Bank of India Personal Loan||12.15% to 14.15%|
|Canara Bank Personal Loan||12.05% onwards|
Calculating the monthly installments can help you manage your budget and finalize the tenure that suits it best. Here is how you can use the Citibank personal loan EMI calculator:
You should be able to view the total EMI amount as “Your EMI” next to the calculator.
Here are the different ways you can apply for the Citibank personal loan:
Apply for Citibank Personal Loan Offline
Do you want to apply for a Citi personal loan offline? If yes, then you have to visit the nearest Citibank branch. The bank official will guide you through the application process for personal loan and you will be required to present all the documents that are required to be submitted with the application form.
Before you visit the Citibank branch, it is best that you reach out to the Citibank customer service and enquire about the procedure including the eligibility and documentation for a seamless and hassle free process later.
Apply for Citibank Personal Loan Online
Citibank allows you to apply for the personal loan online. If you are not in the mood to go anywhere and wish to submit Citibank personal loan application online, then here are the steps you need to follow:
The bank will acknowledge your application and get in touch with you to get started with the application procedure.
You can contact the customer service of Citibank and talk to the executive in case of any query, complaint or grievances.
Here is the way to reach out to the Citibank customer helpline:
1860 210 2484
Citibank allows customers to avail a top up loan on personal loans. However, the top up loan eligibility is determined by many important factors including the repayment history, creditworthiness etc. It is based on the bank’s discretion. You can reach out to the bank to enquire about the top up loan.
No. Citibank does not allow you to change the personal loan repayment tenure. However, you can opt to prepay your loan in full or make part-payments before the tenure ends.
You can contact the Citibank customer service and know about your personal loan status. You can also log into your Citibank NetBaning account and check the status of your loan.Last Updated on : 25/Mar/2021
Know More About
You're eligible for a Citi Bank Personal Loan if you:
Are legally adult enough to handle it
Have still got it
Get a regular pay check
Make more than a basic buck
Your eligibility depends on:
Earn more than minimum income required
Maximum allowed Personal Loans is Rs. 10K to Rs. 45 lakhs
EMIs of other loans loweryour eligibility
Boost your eligibility by:
Pay off your credit card bills
Choose longer tenure loan up to 5 years
Nothing gets done without that paperwork (which we'll happily carry over to the bank for you, no sweat). Here's what you'll need:
- 1. Photo ID and age proof
- 2. Signed application form with photograph
- 3. Residence proof
- 4. Last 6 months bank statement
- 5. Documentation for salaried applicants:
- Last 3 months salary - slips
- Form 16 or Income Tax Returns
- 6. Documentation for self-employed applicants:
- Last 3 years Income Tax Returns with computation of Income
- Last 3 years CA Certified / Audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account
Updated on 25 Nov 2017
|Citi Bank Personal Loan Details|
|Interest Rate (Monthly reducing balance)||10.5% - 17.99%|
|Processing Fees||0.50% - 3%|
|Loan Tenure||1 year to 5 years|
|Pre-closure Charges||Varies with bank|
|Guarantor Requirement||Varies with bank|
Personal Loans EMI Calculator