The Ministry of Minority Affairs lately added one unique scheme under its skill development scheme called Seekho Aur Kamao scheme. This scheme is dedicated to the youths of India who are of the minority communities. The Seekho Aur Kamao scheme was initially launched by the UPA Government during their administration in the financial year of 2013-2014.
Now, as part of the Pradhan Mantri Schemes, the Seekho Aur Kamao scheme will offer the youths of the minority group with skill development opportunities. Under this scheme, the youths will be provided with additional vocational training that will help they look for employment.
Based on their talents and qualifications, the government will provide the youths of the minority group with specialized training. Not only the unemployed youths but the regular income and self-employed individuals of the minority group will also be catered with specialized training that will help them in reaching new heights in their particular platforms. The sole purpose of the Seekho Aur Kamao scheme is to empower the minority communities in India to get hold of the opportunities for development.
Objectives of Seekho Aur Kamao:
- The youths of the minority communities like Muslims, Christians, Parsis, Sikhs, Buddhists, etc are far behind youths of other communities in the employment rate index of India.
- One of the entities of the Pradhan Mantri Schemes, Seekho aur Kamao will work on empowering the minority youths to provide them with employment opportunities.
- Seekho aur Kamao will also make sure to preserve the unique cultural and traditional skills of the minority youths.
- Empowering the minority youths will help the country in building a strong human resource, which in turn will boost the nation’s development.
- Under this scheme, the government will be launching a free coaching scheme for the poor children’s of the minority communities to help then complete their primary and secondary education.
Eligibility Criteria for availing this scheme:
- Seekho aur Kamao scheme is entirely pitched for the minority communities of India, so the beneficiaries of this scheme will be the members of the minority communities.
- For the Pradhan Mantri Schemes for minorities, five communities will be eligible namely – Muslims, Christians, Parsis, Buddhists, and Sikhs. Members of the mentioned communities will be eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Certain minority communities who are notified by the Union Territories or some states can also apply for the Seekho aur Kamao scheme.
Age Criteria and Education Standard:
- The beneficiaries of the Seekho aur Kamao scheme in order to get the free vocational training should have the minimum qualification till 5th standard.
- The minimum age of the applicant for joining the scheme should be 14 years and the maximum age is fixed to 35 years. If the two age criteria won’t meet, the individual will not be able to join the scheme.
- Moreover, if seats are unoccupied, they won’t change as the approved eligible criteria are obligatory for joining the scheme.
How to apply?
- Eligible beneficiaries can approach the office of the District Collector or BDO to apply for the scheme.
- The beneficiaries can go to their nearest Panchayat office to get the details of the scheme and for filling up the form.
- The beneficiaries can download the form online as well. Visit the official website of the scheme – http://seekhoaurkamao-moma.gov.in/