Yogi Free Cycle Sahayta Yojana- Free Cycles to Workers and Laborers in Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Government under the influence of CM Yogi Aditya Nath has recently launched Yogi Free Cycle Sahayta Yojana. Since Yogi Aditya Nath took the command as the Chief Minister, UP Government is continuously working for the welfare of the downtrodden. Under the scheme, UP Government will be distributing free cycles to the workers and their goal is to issue around 4 lakh bicycles throughout the state. Therefore, the speculations are made that a large number of people will be benefited from the scheme.
What is Yogi Free Cycle Sahayta Yojana?
The scheme is launched keeping in mind the laborers and workers and the hardships faced by them on a daily basis. There are hundreds and thousands of labor class community in Uttar Pradesh who travels a long distance from their homes to the working site. They are not in the condition of affording transportation services. Thus, the government has decided to give away 4 lakh bicycles under the subsidy amount of Rs.3000/-.
Yogi Free Cycle Sahayta Yojana Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant must be at least or above 18 years of age
- The applicant must be a permanent residence of Uttar Pradesh
- The applicant must be working at any construction site in Uttar Pradesh for the past six months
- The applicant must display the proof that his/her working site a far-far away from his/her home
- If the applicant already owns a bicycle, then he/she is not eligible to avail the benefits of Yogi Free Cycle Sahayta Yojana
Documents required for availing the benefits of Yogi Free Cycle Sahayta Yojana:
- Address Proof of the applicant like Ration Card, Voter’s ID, Aadhar Card
- Duly filled online application form with a copy of scanned passport sized photographs
Why Yogi Free Cycle Sahayta Yojana?
There are numerous reasons why this was initiated by the State Government. For starters, the workers and laborers have to walk miles just to get to their working site. It becomes difficult for them to first walk miles and then work for hours, and then again walk back miles to their homes. Yogi Free Cycle Sahayta Yojana will help them in reaching their working site easily and quickly.
However, the free cycle scheme is not new. The State, under its Ex CM, distributed free cycles to college and school students. Now under the Yogi Government, the free cycle scheme has extended to workers and laborers as well.